[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4631: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4633: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4634: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4635: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Roggenforum.nl • Toon onderwerp - Hello out there!

Hello out there!

New members can introduce themselves here

Moderator: Kev

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated

Hello out there!

Berichtdoor Andersp90 » vr 11 sep 2009, 04:39

Hello everyone!

Bacause os resent events on the forum regarding my level of knowlage about rays, I have chosen to introduce myself and my experince with freshwaterstingrays.

I have been keeping stingrays for a a bit more than 4 years now. I strated out with two tanks of 900 liters each. I had a pair of motoros in one and a pair of cf hystrix from rio negro in the other. I had them for about 2 years. At that point I wasent able to find much info about breeding rays, so I kinda gave up. I knew that a few people had done it but I still gave up. So I sold of my rays and the tanks.

But it dident take more than two months before the flame was lit again. This time I bourght a pair of what is known as peru flower rays. I kept them for about half a year. At that point the female died as I was away on holiday. And because I wasent able to find a new female, I sold of the male. Then I got a 30 cm leopoldi male. I kept him for 3 months before he was traded with 2 cf hystrix from rio negro and 2 scobinas from the xingu. Both CB. I had them both for a little more than half a year.

At that point brazil was about to open again so I sold of both pairs to save my cash. Something that I dont regret. :) At this point in time I dont have any rays. But I should get my CB hystrix and WC scobinas soon. :) And this time i hope they will breed. :D

The next project will be P14 and clear base marbels. But I guess that project will have to wait until specialfisken is up and running some time next year. :)

I also hope to go to aarhus university to study biologi in two years time (really need some time of before I start studying again), and hopefully becomming a marine biologist.

And I guess thats it. :)
Kind regards Anders.
Andersp90
Actief lid

Re: Hello out there!

Berichtdoor Lode » vr 11 sep 2009, 12:56

Welcome to the forum Anders :-?

Do you have pics of the rays you kept? Always cool to see :)
Lode
Beheerder

Berichtdoor RicK » vr 11 sep 2009, 14:51

Nice intro Anders!

Succes with your study and shop next year!

Gr
Catch Your Dream!
RicK
Actief lid

Berichtdoor Jason » vr 11 sep 2009, 14:53

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Good luck with your shop :)
Jason
Actief lid

Berichtdoor Cathje » vr 11 sep 2009, 14:54